Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2013/07/15 22:18:40 UTC

Recordset capabilities...

Hi All,

I am using the Datastax native client for Cassandra and have a question. Does the resultset contain all the Rows? On a JDBC driver there is this concept of fetch record size. I do not seem to think Datastax did that in their implementation but that probably is not a requirement.
But I bet the Architects and network engineers need to know about that.

Regards,
-Tony

Re: Recordset capabilities...

Posted by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Sylvain for answering the question from a Cassandra perspective.

I will use Datastax forum where appropiate. I have gone live with Cassandra so I will not be bringing these things up anymore I hope.

Best Regards,
-Tony

________________________________
Yes, currently the resultSet will contain all the rows, there is no "fetch size" supported. This will change soon however since Cassandra 2.0 has some "paging" support at the protocol level and the driver will make use of that. But that won't be before 2.0.

Sylvain

Re: Recordset capabilities...

Posted by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com>.
Yes, currently the resultSet will contain all the rows, there is no "fetch
size" supported. This will change soon however since Cassandra 2.0 has some
"paging" support at the protocol level and the driver will make use of
that. But that won't be before 2.0.

As an aside, this kind of question about the Datastax Java driver belong in
the driver mailing lists (java-driver-user@lists.datastax.com, you can
register directly at mailing.lists.datastax.com), not this list.