Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Charith Fernando <ch...@cslworld.com> on 2005/10/28 07:56:11 UTC

appender is new

Hi all,

When I create a FileAppender is there a way to check whether the file was
created as a new file or the appender is using an existing file///

Thank you,

Regards,

Charith I. Fernando

+94 77 3263222 (Mobile)

Re: appender is new

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Quoting Charith Fernando <ch...@cslworld.com>:

> Hi all,
>

> When I create a FileAppender is there a way to check whether the file was
> created as a new file or the appender is using an existing file///

You mean when you create the appender programatically?  If you are doing that,
then just check for the file's existence using the File object before you
create the appender.  In any case, why would you care?  It helps to say why you
want to do something.  Then people can suggest other things you may not have
considered to solve whatever problem you are having.

Jake