Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com> on 2011/10/17 22:39:16 UTC

Re: [OT] Is incoming connection request queue totally ordered?

P.S. (with additional apologies for the top-posting)
I realise that I have myself fallen as a victim of the confusion, and responded to the
off-topic and off-thread message.
My apologies to the original poster of this thread.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: [OT] Is incoming connection request queue totally ordered?

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Stevo Slavić [mailto:sslavic@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: [OT] Is incoming connection request queue totally ordered?

> Needed to understand how Tomcat handles connector connection
> requests queues to determine whether request processing order
> can be guaranteed.

The point I was trying to make is that the order they're processed in Tomcat or the JVM is moot, since you can't guarantee the order in which they arrive at the server on which Tomcat is running.

 - Chuck

Re: [OT] Is incoming connection request queue totally ordered?

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I meant what happens once connection requests are in the queue,
regardless if it's AJP connection requests queue, or HTTP connection
requests. I wasn't considering that part, but thanks for clarifying,
if the two connectors (I guess it applies even if there are two
connectors for same protocol as long as they) share same executor
there's concurrency involved in using this shared resource.

Needed to understand how Tomcat handles connector connection requests
queues to determine whether request processing order can be
guaranteed.

Thank you all for once again great Tomcat community feedback!

Regards,
Stevo.