Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by vivek shrivastava <vi...@hotmail.com> on 2002/04/23 23:43:46 UTC

Design Issue for Fisrt Web Application

Hi,

I am an experienced client/server programmer. Now i have to build my first
web
Application using struts. I am giving here a very small description of what
I want to do.

i have to create a report application with few data entry forms. List of
report is based on type of user is logged on.  Reports are based on
displayed upon selection.

I am stuck at first step. I don't know how should i perform login
validation. All the logins are database users. Since list of reports based
on user logged on so i am not sure, whether i  can use connection pool here
or not? How should i validate the user against database? Should i make a
connection to database or should i do a select on sysusers table?

Please advise me with little detail design help. How should i plan all the
beans( like database access bean , validation bean and all king of bean ). i
am not asking  for code but i am looking for some directional help.

Your help would be appreciated.

thanks