Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <hx...@apache.org> on 2023/03/13 06:19:09 UTC

IoTDB quarterly Report (Q1)

Hi all,

The following is the draft of IoTDB report.
Please have a look and let me know if there is something missing.

I will submit the report tomorrow (Sorry for less than 3 days).

The mission of Apache IoTDB is the creation and maintenance of software related
to an IoT native database with high performance for data management and analysis

## Issues:
no

## Membership Data:
Apache IoTDB was founded 2020-09-16 (2 years ago)
There are currently 56 committers and 27 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 7:4.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Chao Wang on 2022-12-12.
- Qingxin Feng was added as committer on 2022-12-15
- Haiming Zhu was added as committer on 2022-12-29
- Junqing Wang was added as committer on 2022-12-15
- Hongyin Zhang was added as committer on 2022-12-15
- Yongzao Dan was added as committer on 2023-01-04

## Project Activity:
IOTDB-0.13.4 was released on 2023-02-23.
IOTDB-1.0.1 was released on 2023-02-22.
IOTDB-1.0.0 was released on 2022-12-03.

After releasing v1.0.0,
The development of IoTDB (v1.x) is in progress.
The community devotes itself to fixing bugs, introducing new features,
and keeping the new version more stable.
DBA tools like one-click deployment tool are also in development.

One thing that the project and community should consider is how to
solve the incompatibility between v0.x and v1.x.

Some security reports are still opened, which should be taken care by PMC.

## Community Health:
The community keeps growing (more stargazers, contributors, etc.).

And, the interaction amng ASF communities grows:
- one IoTDB committer is nominated to Ratis committer and acts as
release manager of Ratis.
- An online meetup for European developers is hosted by IoTDB joint
DolphinSchedule on March 2nd.

Mailing list traffic decreases, which the PMC should take care.

Re: IoTDB quarterly Report (Q1)

Posted by Haonan Hou <hh...@qq.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

Another little correction is that William Song is not an IoTDB committer yet.
He is only a committer of Ratis community right now.

Best,
Haonan

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Ah, thanks for correction.