Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Robert Burke <re...@google.com> on 2020/12/08 02:03:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.26.0, release candidate #1

Robert Burke <re...@google.com>
Thu, Dec 3, 8:01 PM (4 days ago)
to dev
Hi everyone,
Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version 2.26.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Reviewers are encouraged to test their own use cases with the release
candidate, and vote +1
 if no issues are found.

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
which is signed with the key with fingerprint
A52F5C83BAE26160120EC25F3D56ACFBFB2975E1 [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "v2.26.0-RC1" [5],
* website pull request listing the release [6], publishing the API
reference manual [7], and the blog post [8].
* Java artifacts were built with Maven 3.6.0 and OpenJDK 1.8.0_275.
* Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the
dist.apache.org [2].
* Validation sheet with a tab for 2.26.0 release to help with validation
[9].
* Docker images published to Docker Hub [10].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours (10th ~6pm PST). It is adopted
by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Robert Burke
2.26.0 Release Manager

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319527&version=12348833
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/2.26.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/beam/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/org apache beam-1144/
[5] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/v2.26.0-RC1
[7] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/609
[9]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qk-N5vjXvbcEk68GjbkSZTR8AGqyNUM-oLFo_ZXBpJw/edit#gid=475997301
[10] https://hub.docker.com/search?q=apache%2Fbeam&type=image

PS. New Dataflow artifacts likely need to be built and published but this
doesn't block vetting the remainder of the RC at this time. Thank you for
your patience.

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.26.0, release candidate #1

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Robert Burke <ro...@frantil.com>.
Hello All!

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.

Posted by Brian Hulette <bh...@google.com>.

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com>.

Posted by Robert Burke <ro...@frantil.com>.
That was due to having the image part of the release changes for 2.27.0 in
a bit too early (and partially complete at the time). My understanding is
the separate java8 and java11 containers weren't to be available until
2.27.0, so 2.26.0 is the last release with the single beam_java_sdk build.

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Tyson Hamilton <ty...@google.com>.