Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ca...@kego.com on 2001/12/27 21:08:11 UTC

Multiple 'es? (or multiple login forms)

_________________________________

Ok, hopefully this is a simple one for all the Catalina pros.

(Note, I am using tomcat 4.0.1 with form based authentication)

I have a web site that has the login form on multiple pages,

and rather than forcing our users to go to a single login

page, we would keep this design and allow them

to enter their username and password on the 5 or so

pages each with their own form.

I can't see how I can do this with the single <form-login-page>,

obviously the j_security_check action has to be on the

form-login-page.

Any suggestions on the best way to do this?

Thanks,

Cameron Elliott

Apache & Jakarta-Tomcat SSL

Posted by Lars Nielsen Lind <mo...@worldonline.dk>.
Hi.

I am using Tomcat 4.0.1 with Apache (mod_webapp) and it works fine. Now I
want to use SSL and I have compiled and configured mod_ssl with Apache
1.3.22.

In my httpd.conf file I have configured the SSL stuff as described in the
book Professional Apache.

If I start Apache with ./apachectl start - it works fine.

If I start Apache with ./apachectl startssl - it works NOT fine...

Are there some specific steps to do when using SSL with Apache & Tomcat (via
mod_webapp)?

Best regards,
Lars Nielsen Lind

Re: Multiple 'es? (or multiple login forms)

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001 cam@kego.com wrote:

> Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 12:08:11 -0800
> From: cam@kego.com
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Multiple <form-login-page> 'es? (or multiple login forms)
>
> _________________________________
>
> Ok, hopefully this is a simple one for all the Catalina pros.
>
> (Note, I am using tomcat 4.0.1 with form based authentication)
>

> I have a web site that has the login form on multiple pages,
>
> and rather than forcing our users to go to a single login
>
> page, we would keep this design and allow them
>
> to enter their username and password on the 5 or so
>
> pages each with their own form.
>

> I can't see how I can do this with the single <form-login-page>,
>
> obviously the j_security_check action has to be on the
>
> form-login-page.
>

> Any suggestions on the best way to do this?

The servlet specification only supports one form-login-page for the entire
web application.  But nothing stops you from specifying the URL of a
servlet or JSP page that can display different things to different people
-- and thereby simulate the use of multiple login pages.

> Thanks,
>
> Cameron Elliott

Craig