Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Luke Studley <Lu...@cerillion.com> on 2001/12/08 22:47:43 UTC

Filter ResponseWrapper not being called by DefaultServlet

Hi

I'm attempting to wrap HttpServletResponse in my filter to capture output
for XSLT styling.

This used to work when I generated the XML out of my own Servlet but now I
want to pick it up from a file served by the Default servlet - and my
response wrapper is not getting called.

I have tried wrapping the request and the response - the request object does
seem to be passed into the DefaultServlet - but my response does not! At
least the servlet is not calling either getWriter or getOutputStream on my
response - but it is writing data to *a* stream as content comes back to the
screen.

Looking in the DefaultServlet code there doesn't seem to be any reason why
it would access any other stream.

Anybody have any cluesas to what I am doing wrong.

Luke

PS Also if I am sending my response wrapper to be called by the default
servlet - does my wrapper class have to reside at the same level as the
DefaultServlet? Or can it still be used directly from the web application
directory?