Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Troll <js...@webof.de> on 2008/01/21 17:41:06 UTC

Question: ACL and Tomcat Auth

Hi All!

I ve protected my jspwiki by the tomcat auth mechanism. I uncommented
the lines at the end of web.xml file, created my own tomcat-users.xml
file and changed the server.xml in $CATALINA_HOME/conf. So far it works
all fine.

Now the question: is it possible to use the ACL features like

[{ALLOW view Janne,Mike Morris}]

with this tomcat auth-method? And if it will work, what is to do? Is
there something I have to activate? I tried this statement above, but I
regognize new changes: I can view my testpage, and that even though I m
neither Janne nor Mike Morris ;-)

Thanks for your help!
Troll

Re: Question: ACL and Tomcat Auth

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
We would need the jspwiki.policy file too I think, and preferably also the
jspwiki.log file, and the Security log. Also first try to run your wiki with
a higher (security) debug level. You can set the levels in the
jspwiki.properties file.

Harry

--
met vriendelijke groet,
Harry Metske

Re: Question: ACL and Tomcat Auth

Posted by Troll <js...@webof.de>.
Hi Harry, hi all!

Harry Metske schrieb:
> [..] Are you sure you are not JSPWiki Admin (have the role mentioned at the
> bottom of jspwiki.policy) ?

I ve tried this now as an simple user without any adminrole, but I can
still see the restricted page! :-(

Now, I send you some more Infos and some lines of my files:

Wikiversion: 2.6.0

My WikiPage
[{ALLOW view Janne,Mike Morris}]

Hi! Can you see this?

tomcat-user.xml:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>

Posted by Troll <js...@webof.de>.
Hey Harry,

Harry Metske schrieb:
> [...] Are you sure you are not JSPWiki Admin (have the role mentioned at the
> bottom of jspwiki.policy) ?

Thats a very good point!!! ;-) Yes, of course! I m the ADMIN :-) Argh!
I'll try it the next time. This could be the reason ;-)

Thank you for opening my eyes ;-)
Troll

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
Troll,

this should work, after changing the ACL you don't have to recycle anything.

--
met vriendelijke groet,
Harry Metske