Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Nick Gilbert <ni...@x-rm.com> on 2007/03/01 15:26:44 UTC

Error: PROPFIND request failed

Hi,

I've noticed that on one of my repositories I'm suddenly getting an
error if I try and do anything with it (browse to it in repo browser or
via HTTP, or update my working copy etc).

The error is:

Error * PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/kno/trunk'
Could not open the requested SVN filesystem

However the respository is still there and was working fine until
recently. What might have happened to it and how can I fix this?

It is hosted under Windows using Apache on Subversion 1.2.0.

Thanks,

Nick...

Re: Error: PROPFIND request failed PS

Posted by Nick Gilbert <ni...@x-rm.com>.
PS:

I've just looked in the Apache logs and have lots of copies of the
following error:

[error] (20014)Error string not specified yet: Berkeley DB error for
filesystem F:\\svnrepo/kno/db while opening
environment:\nDB_VERSION_MISMATCH: Database environment version mismatch
[error] Could not fetch resource information.  [500, #0]
[error] Could not open the requested SVN filesystem  [500, #160029]
[error] Could not open the requested SVN filesystem  [500, #160029]

As far as I'm aware, it's an FSFS repo (I don't know how to check, but I
seem to remember converting it to FSFS some time ago).

To clarify: This problem is not occuring with any other repositories on
the same box as far as I know.

Nick...

Nick Gilbert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that on one of my repositories I'm suddenly getting an
> error if I try and do anything with it (browse to it in repo browser or
> via HTTP, or update my working copy etc).
>
> The error is:
>
> Error * PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/kno/trunk'
> Could not open the requested SVN filesystem
>
> However the respository is still there and was working fine until
> recently. What might have happened to it and how can I fix this?
>
> It is hosted under Windows using Apache on Subversion 1.2.0.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nick...

Nick Gilbert, Software Developer
X-RM Limited, Winchester, UK