Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marisol Encalada-Malibran <Ma...@RKS.SE> on 2002/08/29 10:18:22 UTC

Help with Tomcat 3.3.1 and IIS 5.0

Hi, I also need some help with Tomcat, I have installed Tomcat 3.3 with IIS
5.0, I have been working in the examples folder under webapps but now I want
to deploy a new application, in ..webapps\ch03, I have created the folder
webapps\ch03\WEB-INF , webapps\ch03\classes and  in it web.xml file with:
<web-app>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>
           Servy
        </servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
            com.wrox.projsp.ch03.myfirstwebapp.MyFirstServlet
        </servlet-class>
    </servlet>
</web-app>

 and generated the automatic configuration files uriworkermap.properties,
then restarted tomcat and IIS, I am trying to run my app as:
http://localhost/ch03/servlet/Servy but it doesn´t work, does somebody have
an idea of what is wrong or what did I miss?

Greetings
Marisol Encalada

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Marisol Encalada
RKS Data Öst

Datalinjen 1
583 30 Linköping

Telefon vxl: + 46 13-489 37 00
Telefon dir:  + 46 13-489 37 63
Mobil: + 46 733 51 47 63
Fax: +46 13-489 37 01
E-mail: marisol.encalada@rks.se <ma...@rks.se>

Re: Help with Tomcat 3.3.1 and IIS 5.0

Posted by randie ursal <ur...@ntsp.nec.co.jp>.
the \classes directory must be inside the \WEB-INF directory.

  ex.
         webapps\ch03\WEB-INF\classes

--

Randie V. Ursal