Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/30 18:09:31 UTC

GFac latest changes

Hi All,

As we have discussed me and Nipun finished 80% of separation gfac-core from
its own implementation and split those implementation in to different
modules. I am planning to add following features to gfac-core and move the
monitoring implementation out of gfac-core which will use the following
framework features.

1. Developers can configure daemon type handlers which are not specific for
each request but common to the jvm. These daemon type handlers will start
during gfac initializing and shutdown during gfac shutdown. All the
handlers/provider which get execute for each request can access the daemon
handlers and can give some work for them. (basically jobexecution context
has access to the configured daemon handlers).

2. Developers can configure request specific handlers to run in separate
thread. Currently we are running all the handlers for a given request in a
single thread but if you implement ThreadedHandler and configure it in the
execution chain rather configuring as a global daemon handler it will get
execute in a separate thread. But this is for each execution request which
matches your handler chain.

I am planning to use above feature of the gfac framework and implement a
reliable monitoring for hpc resources we support. So there will be another
gfac implementation module like gfac-hpc-monitor and it will not be coupled
with gfac-core.

Thanks
Lahiru

--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab

Re: GFac latest changes

Posted by Raminder Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the changes. We can take advantage of such framework to handle provider level decencies also and avoid any classpath issues. Are you planning to have handlers/providers as service which orchestrator can route the request to? This approach can be used to distribute the load also going forward.

Thanks
Raminder

Re: GFac latest changes

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.