Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Peter Wicks (pwicks)" <pw...@micron.com> on 2019/04/30 16:21:14 UTC

Kicking the Kerberos out of org.apache.nifi.hadoop

I was thinking of moving the non-Hadoop specific Kerberos classes out of org.apache.nifi.hadoop into a more central location. There are some good utility classes, such as KerberosKeytabCredentials, that it would be nice to have centralized into a non-Hadoop specific library.

Would it be appropriate to co-locate these with the KerberosCredentialsService interface, or is there a better home in a different location?

Thanks,
  Peter

Re: [EXT] Re: Kicking the Kerberos out of org.apache.nifi.hadoop

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Ah I see, yea the stuff I have in nifi-security-utils currently
doesn't handle the http part, its more about how to get the
credentials and obtain a logged in user with in the current JVM.

The code in the Solr bundle and in hadoop-utils is handling the http
negotiation and we can probably refactor to make that reusable. That
code depends on org.apache.httpcomponents-httpclient so I don't think
we should put that in nifi-security-utils because it then brings in a
new dependency to everything using nifi-security-utils.

I would suggest under nifi-extension-utils, create a new module like
nifi-kerberos-http-utils, and move the relevant code from
nifi-hadoop-utils there, then make nifi-hadoop-utils depend on that,
and also make standard processors depend on that so you can use it in
InvokeHttp.

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.

https://github.com/apache/nifi/tree/master/nifi-commons/nifi-security-utils/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/security/krb