Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ez...@csi.it on 2005/09/27 10:22:00 UTC

Jackrabbit project status

Hi list,

I am involved with Enterprise Content Management software for local
government; the Jackrabbit status report states that the team is preparing
the release 1.0 and the project is planning to graduate from Incubator to
TLP status.

Do you have any news about it? Do you think to complete the release by the
end of the year?

Do you have a feature list like that of Jeceira
(http://wiki.aparzev.com/confluence/display/JCR/Feature+List)?

regards

Ezio

Re: Jackrabbit project status

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>.
Hi,

Ezio Raymondi wrote:
> I am involved with Enterprise Content Management software for local
> government; the Jackrabbit status report states that the team is preparing
> the release 1.0 and the project is planning to graduate from Incubator to
> TLP status.
>
> Do you have any news about it? Do you think to complete the release by the
> end of the year?

There's been talk about the upcoming 1.0 release and graduation from the
incubator, but we do not yet have any specific schedule for this. The "1.0"
milestone in Jira is being used to track issues that should be resolved
for the
release, but new issues are still being added to the list. Once the issue list
is frozen and a release manager assigned we can better estimate the release
schedule.

My guess is that the 1.0 release will be done before the end of the year.

> Do you have a feature list like that of Jeceira
> (http://wiki.aparzev.com/confluence/display/JCR/Feature+List)?

No, not at the moment. The Jackrabbit code base was however used as the
basis of
the JSR 170 reference implementation, and not counting the reported issues
Jackrabbit implements the entire JCR API.

BR,

Jukka Zitting