Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it> on 2009/03/25 17:57:11 UTC

[T4]for component inside form not working

Hello, I'm very confused by docs about this and I'm not able to make
work submission of data displayed inside a for.

I have defined a list of objects of a class that implements the
Serializable interface and dispalyed it on my html page.
I first populate the list displayed by the for with an element and hence
in my html source I can read the following:

<input type="hidden" name="listaDettagli_0" value="VZH4sIAAAAAAAAAGVNMU7DQBDcREJEQkpBSv7gVVpCFaV0EyIesDlvnA3x7fluHSEXFHyGhp6H8A7+gLEcIZFtZmd2Z+bjG65SBBTLKLq9ONWQlZyMvBSSsi2TT9mKzag8ij6K41NjtN5/fb69b+7HMMnhpuDkorSing1u8wOdCI/kS9xYFF8u+pchYbU0eMjFsK+ruGD8q0PTWDeMWqFuD+wM/zdzF3a3e76Qz1jDK4xyGEsxbNdSBY2mA52FS+9wmobIbatPXoyinA2TuiFvndTzl9CNwWj+iz9LwBDJPAEAAA==" />

Moreover I can see the element correctly displayed.
Which means,  I guess that the list has been handled correctly.

When I try to read the value submitted by the form inside the listener,
all the input field values outside the for are filled , but when I look
for value submitted in the input fileds inside the for I cannot find them.

Too keep it simpler I have also tried using a List of string but with
the same result.

What am I missing ?

Re: [T4]for component inside form not working

Posted by Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it>.
I'm sorry I have sent a wrong version of the email: disregard the first one.

Ivano Luberti ha scritto:
> Hi Howard, here are the three files.
>
> Howard Lewis Ship ha scritto:
>
>> It would be helpful to see more of you page class and template.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it> wrote:
>>

>>> Hello, I'm very confused by docs about this and I'm not able to make
>>> work submission of data displayed inside a for.
>>>
>>> I have defined a list of objects of a class that implements the
>>> Serializable interface and dispalyed it on my html page.
>>> I first populate the list displayed by the for with an element and hence
>>> in my html source I can read the following:
>>>
>>> <input type="hidden" name="listaDettagli_0" value="VZH4sIAAAAAAAAAGVNMU7DQBDcREJEQkpBSv7gVVpCFaV0EyIesDlvnA3x7fluHSEXFHyGhp6H8A7+gLEcIZFtZmd2Z+bjG65SBBTLKLq9ONWQlZyMvBSSsi2TT9mKzag8ij6K41NjtN5/fb69b+7HMMnhpuDkorSing1u8wOdCI/kS9xYFF8u+pchYbU0eMjFsK+ruGD8q0PTWDeMWqFuD+wM/zdzF3a3e76Qz1jDK4xyGEsxbNdSBY2mA52FS+9wmobIbatPXoyinA2TuiFvndTzl9CNwWj+iz9LwBDJPAEAAA==" />
>>>
>>> Moreover I can see the element correctly displayed.
>>> Which means,  I guess that the list has been handled correctly.
>>>
>>> When I try to read the value submitted by the form inside the listener,
>>> all the input field values outside the for are filled , but when I look
>>> for value submitted in the input fileds inside the for I cannot find them.
>>>

>>> Too keep it simpler I have also tried using a List of string but with
>>> the same result.
>>>

>>> What am I missing ?

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
tel.: +39-050- 580959
tel/fax: +39-050-9711344
web: www.archicoop.it

Re: [T4]for component inside form not working

Posted by Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it>.
Hi Howard, here are the three files.

Howard Lewis Ship ha scritto:
> It would be helpful to see more of you page class and template.
>
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it> wrote:
>
>> Hello, I'm very confused by docs about this and I'm not able to make
>> work submission of data displayed inside a for.
>>
>> I have defined a list of objects of a class that implements the
>> Serializable interface and dispalyed it on my html page.
>> I first populate the list displayed by the for with an element and hence
>> in my html source I can read the following:
>>
>> <input type="hidden" name="listaDettagli_0" value="VZH4sIAAAAAAAAAGVNMU7DQBDcREJEQkpBSv7gVVpCFaV0EyIesDlvnA3x7fluHSEXFHyGhp6H8A7+gLEcIZFtZmd2Z+bjG65SBBTLKLq9ONWQlZyMvBSSsi2TT9mKzag8ij6K41NjtN5/fb69b+7HMMnhpuDkorSing1u8wOdCI/kS9xYFF8u+pchYbU0eMjFsK+ruGD8q0PTWDeMWqFuD+wM/zdzF3a3e76Qz1jDK4xyGEsxbNdSBY2mA52FS+9wmobIbatPXoyinA2TuiFvndTzl9CNwWj+iz9LwBDJPAEAAA==" />
>>
>> Moreover I can see the element correctly displayed.
>> Which means,  I guess that the list has been handled correctly.
>>
>> When I try to read the value submitted by the form inside the listener,
>> all the input field values outside the for are filled , but when I look
>> for value submitted in the input fileds inside the for I cannot find them.
>>

>> Too keep it simpler I have also tried using a List of string but with
>> the same result.
>>

>> What am I missing ?

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
tel.: +39-050- 580959
tel/fax: +39-050-9711344
web: www.archicoop.it

Re: [T4]for component inside form not working

Posted by Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it>.
Norman, could you provide a code snippet ? (java+page+html)

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
tel.: +39-050- 580959
tel/fax: +39-050-9711344
web: www.archicoop.it

Re: [T4]for component inside form not working

Posted by Norman Franke <no...@myasd.com>.

Posted by Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it>.

Ivano Luberti ha scritto:
> Hi Howard, here are the three files and the class that is showed inside
> the for.
> Let me know if you need more
>
> Howard Lewis Ship ha scritto:
>
>> It would be helpful to see more of you page class and template.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it> wrote:
>>

>>> Hello, I'm very confused by docs about this and I'm not able to make
>>> work submission of data displayed inside a for.
>>>
>>> I have defined a list of objects of a class that implements the
>>> Serializable interface and dispalyed it on my html page.
>>> I first populate the list displayed by the for with an element and hence
>>> in my html source I can read the following:
>>>
>>> <input type="hidden" name="listaDettagli_0" value="VZH4sIAAAAAAAAAGVNMU7DQBDcREJEQkpBSv7gVVpCFaV0EyIesDlvnA3x7fluHSEXFHyGhp6H8A7+gLEcIZFtZmd2Z+bjG65SBBTLKLq9ONWQlZyMvBSSsi2TT9mKzag8ij6K41NjtN5/fb69b+7HMMnhpuDkorSing1u8wOdCI/kS9xYFF8u+pchYbU0eMjFsK+ruGD8q0PTWDeMWqFuD+wM/zdzF3a3e76Qz1jDK4xyGEsxbNdSBY2mA52FS+9wmobIbatPXoyinA2TuiFvndTzl9CNwWj+iz9LwBDJPAEAAA==" />
>>>
>>> Moreover I can see the element correctly displayed.
>>> Which means,  I guess that the list has been handled correctly.
>>>
>>> When I try to read the value submitted by the form inside the listener,
>>> all the input field values outside the for are filled , but when I look
>>> for value submitted in the input fileds inside the for I cannot find them.
>>>

>>> Too keep it simpler I have also tried using a List of string but with
>>> the same result.
>>>

>>> What am I missing ?

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
tel.: +39-050- 580959
tel/fax: +39-050-9711344
web: www.archicoop.it

Re: [T4]for component inside form not working

Posted by Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it>.
Hi Howard, here are the three files and the class that is showed inside
the for.
Let me know if you need more

Howard Lewis Ship ha scritto:
> It would be helpful to see more of you page class and template.
>
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it> wrote:
>
>> Hello, I'm very confused by docs about this and I'm not able to make
>> work submission of data displayed inside a for.
>>
>> I have defined a list of objects of a class that implements the
>> Serializable interface and dispalyed it on my html page.
>> I first populate the list displayed by the for with an element and hence
>> in my html source I can read the following:
>>
>> <input type="hidden" name="listaDettagli_0" value="VZH4sIAAAAAAAAAGVNMU7DQBDcREJEQkpBSv7gVVpCFaV0EyIesDlvnA3x7fluHSEXFHyGhp6H8A7+gLEcIZFtZmd2Z+bjG65SBBTLKLq9ONWQlZyMvBSSsi2TT9mKzag8ij6K41NjtN5/fb69b+7HMMnhpuDkorSing1u8wOdCI/kS9xYFF8u+pchYbU0eMjFsK+ruGD8q0PTWDeMWqFuD+wM/zdzF3a3e76Qz1jDK4xyGEsxbNdSBY2mA52FS+9wmobIbatPXoyinA2TuiFvndTzl9CNwWj+iz9LwBDJPAEAAA==" />
>>
>> Moreover I can see the element correctly displayed.
>> Which means,  I guess that the list has been handled correctly.
>>
>> When I try to read the value submitted by the form inside the listener,
>> all the input field values outside the for are filled , but when I look
>> for value submitted in the input fileds inside the for I cannot find them.
>>

>> Too keep it simpler I have also tried using a List of string but with
>> the same result.
>>

>> What am I missing ?

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
tel.: +39-050- 580959
tel/fax: +39-050-9711344
web: www.archicoop.it

Re: [T4]for component inside form not working

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
It would be helpful to see more of you page class and template.

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it> wrote:
> Hello, I'm very confused by docs about this and I'm not able to make
> work submission of data displayed inside a for.
>
> I have defined a list of objects of a class that implements the
> Serializable interface and dispalyed it on my html page.
> I first populate the list displayed by the for with an element and hence
> in my html source I can read the following:
>
> <input type="hidden" name="listaDettagli_0" value="VZH4sIAAAAAAAAAGVNMU7DQBDcREJEQkpBSv7gVVpCFaV0EyIesDlvnA3x7fluHSEXFHyGhp6H8A7+gLEcIZFtZmd2Z+bjG65SBBTLKLq9ONWQlZyMvBSSsi2TT9mKzag8ij6K41NjtN5/fb69b+7HMMnhpuDkorSing1u8wOdCI/kS9xYFF8u+pchYbU0eMjFsK+ruGD8q0PTWDeMWqFuD+wM/zdzF3a3e76Qz1jDK4xyGEsxbNdSBY2mA52FS+9wmobIbatPXoyinA2TuiFvndTzl9CNwWj+iz9LwBDJPAEAAA==" />
>
> Moreover I can see the element correctly displayed.
> Which means,  I guess that the list has been handled correctly.
>
> When I try to read the value submitted by the form inside the listener,
> all the input field values outside the for are filled , but when I look
> for value submitted in the input fileds inside the for I cannot find them.
>

> Too keep it simpler I have also tried using a List of string but with
> the same result.
>

> What am I missing ?

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: [T4]for component inside form not working

Posted by Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it>.
Hi Andreas

Andreas Andreou ha scritto:
> There's an 'edit customers' example in the For component doc that
> should be close to
> what you're doing:
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/components/general/for.html

I tried to use that example and I get a "Could not find a strategy
instance for class" error.
The same using the converter approach.

> Are you using a form listener or a submit button listener?
> In the later case, see
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/components/form/submit.html
> perhaps you want to bind to the action parameter (instead of listener)

I have tried both: and both listener worked fine except for the for data
inside the for.

Re: [T4]for component inside form not working

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it> wrote:
> Hello, I'm very confused by docs about this and I'm not able to make
> work submission of data displayed inside a for.
>
> I have defined a list of objects of a class that implements the
> Serializable interface and dispalyed it on my html page.
> I first populate the list displayed by the for with an element and hence
> in my html source I can read the following:
>
> <input type="hidden" name="listaDettagli_0" value="VZH4sIAAAAAAAAAGVNMU7DQBDcREJEQkpBSv7gVVpCFaV0EyIesDlvnA3x7fluHSEXFHyGhp6H8A7+gLEcIZFtZmd2Z+bjG65SBBTLKLq9ONWQlZyMvBSSsi2TT9mKzag8ij6K41NjtN5/fb69b+7HMMnhpuDkorSing1u8wOdCI/kS9xYFF8u+pchYbU0eMjFsK+ruGD8q0PTWDeMWqFuD+wM/zdzF3a3e76Qz1jDK4xyGEsxbNdSBY2mA52FS+9wmobIbatPXoyinA2TuiFvndTzl9CNwWj+iz9LwBDJPAEAAA==" />
>
> Moreover I can see the element correctly displayed.
> Which means,  I guess that the list has been handled correctly.
>
> When I try to read the value submitted by the form inside the listener,
> all the input field values outside the for are filled , but when I look
> for value submitted in the input fileds inside the for I cannot find them.
>

> Too keep it simpler I have also tried using a List of string but with
> the same result.
>

> What am I missing ?

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer