Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/24 21:32:23 UTC

New roller_jpabackend branch and branch cleanup

I'm planning on creating a branch for completion of the JPA work
tonight and then make the sandbox to src move in that branch tomorrow.

I'd also like to do some cleanup by removing the old roller_newbackend
and roller_jdobackend branches. Any objections to those deletions?

- Dave

Re: New roller_jpabackend branch and branch cleanup

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.

Dave wrote:
> On 1/26/07, Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> wrote:
>> Fine by me, but this might demand more patience since there seems to be a
>> call for completing 3.1, and also doing a 3.2 before making the main line
>> target 4.0.
>
> Possibly but...
>
> - Roller 3.1 is sitting in a branch, at RC3 and ready to release right now.
> Henri wanted to get more wiki work done before shipping, not sure why.
> http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Roller31Testing
>
> - Roller 3.2 work is essentially complete.
> Allen is doing a second deploy of 3.2 this week I believe
> http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Proposal_Roller_3.2_Release
>
> I bet I could branch roller_4.0 next week and only have to merge over
> small enhancements and bug fixes. Allen and others speak up if I'm off
> base here.

yep, that's how I see it as well.

-- Allen

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Fine by me, but this might demand more patience since there seems to be a
call for completing 3.1, and also doing a 3.2 before making the main line
target 4.0.

--a.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
+1

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.

Matt Raible wrote:
> On 1/24/07, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm planning on creating a branch for completion of the JPA work
>> tonight and then make the sandbox to src move in that branch tomorrow.
>>
>> I'd also like to do some cleanup by removing the old roller_newbackend
>> and roller_jdobackend branches. Any objections to those deletions?
>
> Not from me.

fine with me.

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.

--