Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Jones <lo...@hotmail.com> on 2003/01/03 04:58:23 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache server 2.0.43

I have one quick question ........
in the conf folder do I have to have both of the htppd files one is httpd  and  the  other  is httpd.default
thank you all for being so patient with me I am a newbie to this and don't wont to make people mad at me for posting dumb questions but you gotta learn somehow lol
 so please forgive me if I bother anyone

Re: [users@httpd] Apache server 2.0.43

Posted by David Jones <lo...@hotmail.com>.
lol  yea thanks for the advice will do  kepp a back up for sure   thanks
Posted by Terra Info <in...@terranovum.com>.

Jeff Cohen wrote:

> httpd.default is the default file that comes with the Apache
> installation, the httpf.conf is the one that actually runs the
> server's configurations.
>
> For your question, NO, you don't need the httpd.default.
>

> Jeff Cohen

Terra Novum Research
info@terranovum.com
www.terranovum.com