Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Mario Lafleur <Ma...@logibec.com> on 2020/10/08 21:47:57 UTC

Reverse-Proxy and Kafka

Hi, we want to route Kafka producer connection thru a reverse-proxy.
Is this possible?

M<

[http://images.logibec.com/LogoLogibec.png]

Mario Lafleur
Analyste-programmeur Solutions administratives
Programmer Analyst Administrative Solutions
T (438) 315-5301 | T +1 800 361-9659
Mario.Lafleur@logibec.com
www.logibec.com<http://www.logibec.com>

<http://evolution-sante.com/ateliers-devolution-sante-linnovation-levolution-sante-v2/integrationetoptimisation/>

[http://images.logibec.com/LogoCorona.png]<http://bit.ly/3dtNFPx>

[http://images.logibec.com/CalendrierOctobre.png]<https://www.logibec.com/page-destination/calendrier-2021#utm_source=courriel&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=calendrier-2021>

AVIS DE CONFIDENTIALIT? Le pr?sent courriel et les renseignements qu'il contient sont confidentiels et demeurent la propri?t? exclusive de Logibec. Ils ne peuvent ?tre diffus?s ? quiconque hormis les membres du personnel devant en prendre connaissance, et ce, ? condition que ces derniers aient ?t? inform?s que ces renseignements sont la propri?t? de Logibec, sont confidentiels et ne peuvent ?tre partag?s ? un tiers sans une autorisation pr?alable ?crite de Logibec. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire vis?, veuillez en aviser imm?diatement l'?metteur et d?truire le contenu du courriel sans le communiquer ou le reproduire.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This email and the information it contains are confidential and remain the exclusive property of Logibec. They may not be disseminated to anyone except staff members who must be aware of it, provided that they have been informed that the documents are the property of Logibec, are confidential and cannot be shared with a third party without prior written authorization from Logibec. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the contents of the email without disclosing or reproducing them.

Re: Reverse-Proxy and Kafka

Posted by Naveen D <sn...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys

We are using debezium sql connector and Kafka, we figured out debezium
eating up space as part of loggging, how can we make sure the topic do not
out grow, for 500 mb table log consumes 12 GB Space.

Any alternative to reduce space?.

Regards,
Navin

Re: Reverse-Proxy and Kafka

Posted by Ulf Lilleengen <ul...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 11:48 PM Mario Lafleur <Ma...@logibec.com>
wrote:

> Hi, we want to route Kafka producer connection thru a reverse-proxy.
> Is this possible?

Hi Mario,

There is support for the Kafka protocol in Envoy Proxy that you can try:
https://www.envoyproxy.io/docs/envoy/latest/configuration/listeners/network_filters/kafka_broker_filter
.

It's marked as experimental and seems not to offer a lot of features, but
it might fit your needs (I have not used it myself).

Best regards,

Ulf