Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by NetbeanUser <hi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/09/22 20:41:07 UTC

How to make my application run outside of apache directory.

Hello,

I've created a web application using servlets and jsp

My servlet and other required class files are in let's say path
~/a/b/c/d/*.class, some of these have dependencies on classes from
~/a/b/e/f/*.class

While building my back end, I get jar files with classes from the location
/a/b/c/d. After I place this jar file under
~/tomcat/webapps/myappl/WEB-INF/lib and point my browser to the servlet url,
it says of missing classes from the path a/b/e/f

It's a whole tree of dependencies I have under ~/a/b, does it mean that I've
to get all classes from that tree under my apache tree. This doesn't sound
like a good solution. Is there any other way to run my application. Please
would appreciate the help

Thanks

RE: How to make my application run outside of apache directory.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: NetbeanUser [mailto:himani_sjsu@yahoo.com]
> Subject: How to make my application run outside of apache directory.
>
> It's a whole tree of dependencies I have under ~/a/b, does
> it mean that I've to get all classes from that tree under my
> apache tree.

If by "apache tree" you mean the webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory, then yes, your classes should go there.  Webapps are intended to be self-contained, and packaging all the classes it needs together is the proper way to go.  Make another jar with the other classes and put it in the WEB-INF/lib directory.

 - Chuck