Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Grim Hegland Iversen <gr...@api.no> on 2002/05/08 09:53:15 UTC

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/searchDateFilter.java

Not for wanting to make this thread any longer, but could some of you point me to the auto-reformat program/resource that will reformat my java-source according to sun's java coding-convention ?

Posted by Clemens Marschner <cm...@lanlab.de>.
Yes, the PrettyPrinter by Chris Seguin, from within the JRefactory tool set.
Runs from the command line, but it's preferred to use it from an IDE.
Plugs into JBuilder, NetBeans/Forte, or VisualCafe (I think the freely
available JBuilder Personal Edition is enough).
One of the coolest source code tools I've ever seen. Contains for example an
automatic "Extract Method" generator, like they had in Smalltalk decades
ago: Mark the code snippet, give it a name, and a new method is generated
with all necessary parameters.
It also contains a Pretty Printer that is configurable with dozens of
options. By default it is
switched to the Sun standard. Although I personally can't read source code
with brackets at the end of a line ;-(
http://jrefactory.sourceforge.net/

Clemens

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>