Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "F. Kleinpaul" <fk...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/16 12:47:56 UTC

Change deploy DIR

Dear List

For security reasons, How can I setup Geronimo to use a fix deploy directory
to all applications like "/home/files"  different from Geronimo install
directory?

My dream ...

Geronimo Install dir = /opt/geronimo
Geronimo deploy dir = /home/files (all applications will be here)

Thank you

FKleinpaul

Re: Change deploy DIR

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
You will only be able to use the --inPlace option of exploded
applications that you place in /home/files for example.  With this
option the geronimo generated metadata will still reside in the
geronimo repository.  If you have a need for something different,
please open a JIRA and provide details on the scenario you would like
to see Geronimo support.

On Jan 16, 2007, at 9:09 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> You can use the --inPlace option for installing your app from an
> external (to Geronimo structure) directory
>
> java -jar deployer.jar <general_options> deploy --inPlace <app_home>
>

> Check the deployer tool options here
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC12/deployer-tool.html
>
> HTH
>
> Cheers!
> Hernan
>
> F. Kleinpaul wrote:
>> Dear List
>> For security reasons, How can I setup Geronimo to use a fix deploy
>> directory to all applications like "/home/files"  different from
>> Geronimo install directory?
>> My dream ...
>> Geronimo Install dir = /opt/geronimo
>> Geronimo deploy dir = /home/files (all applications will be here)
>> Thank you
>> FKleinpaul

-sachin

Re: Change deploy DIR