Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by V Philip <vp...@vsnl.in> on 2003/06/27 15:13:49 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache install problem Win98

After installing Apache 2, on a Windows 98 machine, I tried to
start it with the command in the DOS Prompt:

bin/Apache -k install

I get the following response:

[crit](OS 10038) Socket operation on non-socket: make_sock: for
address 127.0.0.1:80, apr_socket_opt_set:(SO_KEEPALIVE) no
listening sockets available, shutting down.
Unable to open logs.

I thought it may be my personal firewall, but shutting that down
does not change the situation.

I've installed Apache to learn PHP!

Please help.

Thank you.