Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/30 10:55:00 UTC

Clutch report & improvement

Hi all,

Currently the clutch report [1] shows the status of 'L: hasSvn - Subversion
repository is created.

I suggest to change this into:

L: hasRepo = ASF controlled repository is created.

The rationale behind this is that more and more podlings start out with a
Git based repository, and this is not reflected as such. As an example I
point towards the Trafodion podling, see also [2]. And I suspect there are
many more that shows a 'False' flag while they have an ASF controlled
repository.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/clutch.html
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/trafodion.html

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Re: Clutch report & improvement

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Pierre,

Personally, I'd prefer to remove attributes like this from the clutch all
together.  Clutch is hard to read as it stands.  Many of its attributes are
based on the older methodology, and probably needs some clean up now that
git is prevalent and podlings even get their own repos (used to be they
were under the incubator's repo).

The report itself is a beast.  I'd actually love to see whimsy take
something like this over, and even provide metrics across all projects.

John

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Ping