Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Per Newgro <pe...@gmx.ch> on 2007/11/23 23:11:32 UTC

What are the requirements for hoster to run a wicket-application + EJBs

Hi *,

i googled a bit and tried the forum, but could see any posts on this. I would
like to provide access to my web-application. It requires tomcat / jetty and
jboss. I found many descriptions and advertisments (virtual server,
webhosting, dedicated server etc.) Im a bit confused.

What server do i need to supply a small web-application (some static-html and
some search/edit functions from wicket)?

Thanks for your help
Per

Re: What are the requirements for hoster to run a wicket-application + EJBs

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> i googled a bit and tried the forum, but could see any posts on this. I would
> like to provide access to my web-application. It requires tomcat / jetty and
> jboss. I found many descriptions and advertisments (virtual server,
> webhosting, dedicated server etc.) Im a bit confused.
>
> What server do i need to supply a small web-application (some static-html and
> some search/edit functions from wicket)?

Not sure whether I understand your question, but you can run Wicket
apps with any Java web application. Whether or not you use a full
blown app server depends more on whether you plan on using JEE
features like EJBs, messaging etc, and whether you want to have that
packaged with a server or not.

Eelco