Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by krishna_ques <kr...@yahoo.com> on 2006/10/20 08:07:25 UTC

Issue with XALAN 2.7.1

Hello,

  Can any one please help me with the following issue. I have following
small xsl file. This file is compiling with xalan version 2.5.1, but give
FATAL ERROR: 'Could not compile stylesheet' when i use XALAN 2.7.1.

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:output method="xml" indent="no"/>
  	<xsl:template match="Retrieve">
			<RetrievalAccepted>
				<xsl:variable name="XNodes"
select="RetrieveElement/service[isEquipmentRetrievalExists/@original_value =
'Y' ]"/>
				<xsl:if test="count($XNodes)>0">
					<xsl:variable name="XNode" select=""/>
					<xsl:apply-templates select="$XNode"/>
				</xsl:if>
			</RetrievalAccepted>
	</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

if I replace the XNodes variable,  as below it compiles,

<xsl:variable name="XNodes" select="RetrieveElement/service"/>

Please help me in understanding the issue..thanks for your help

Below is the snippet from the exception trace.

   [java] ERROR:  'null'
   [java] FATAL ERROR:  'Could not compile stylesheet'
   [java] Exception: javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:
Co
d not compile stylesheet
   [java] javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Could not
com
le stylesheet
   [java]     at
org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplat
(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:824)
   [java]     at Compile.run(Compile.java:66)
   [java]     at Compile.main(Compile.java:39)