Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> on 2009/12/07 20:50:46 UTC

httpd meetup/hackathon, January?

Hi Everyone,

Over on TraffiicServer, there is rough talk of doing some kind of
meetup/hackathon the week of January 27th 2010, in Silicon Valley.

I was thinking it might also be a good time to get some httpd'ers
together and spend a day finishing 2.4, and cross-pollinate ideas with
the TS developers.

Anyone interested in doing an adjoining meetup?

If we get a couple people interested, I can look into seeing if we can
get space somewhere.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: httpd meetup/hackathon, January?

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 2:38 AM, Justin Erenkrantz
<ju...@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 6:27 PM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
>>> Update: looks like we will be doing it on January Tuesday 26th at the Y! Campus.
>>
>> one day only?
>
> Perhaps Monday or Wednesday those of us out-of-towners can find
> somewhere else to hang if Y! can't find somethin'?
>
> Even from SoCal, a day trip is kinda silly...so I'd probably do an
> overnight.  -- justin

yeah, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to spend more time on the plane
than meeting/hacking...

Re: httpd meetup/hackathon, January?

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 6:27 PM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
> Update: looks like we will be doing it on January Tuesday 26th at the Y! Campus.

one day only?

Great America Parkway in Santa Clara, or some other location?

Re: httpd meetup/hackathon, January?

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.
Update: looks like we will be doing it on January Tuesday 26th at the Y! Campus.

Exact details to be sorted out, but from IRC the TS Y! guys are
sorting out getting a room on campus for the hackathon.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Over on TraffiicServer, there is rough talk of doing some kind of
> meetup/hackathon the week of January 27th 2010, in Silicon Valley.
>
> I was thinking it might also be a good time to get some httpd'ers
> together and spend a day finishing 2.4, and cross-pollinate ideas with
> the TS developers.
>
> Anyone interested in doing an adjoining meetup?

yes

Re: httpd meetup/hackathon, January?

Posted by Noirin Shirley <no...@apache.org>.
We've secured space at Google, in Mountain View, on January 25th & 26th.

Please add your name to
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/HTTPD%2BTS%2BHackathon if you're planning
to attend. Feel free also to add any details of what you plan to work
on, etc :-)

Noirin

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Dec 9, 2009, at 4:53 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

>>> Alternative is the week of January 13th -- would this earlier date
>>> change the ability of anyone to attend?
>>
>> no difference to me
>
> I'd prefer the later time slot.

+1.  Jan 27th is a possibility for me, but Jan 13th is not.  -- justin

Re: httpd meetup/hackathon, January?

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
On Dec 9, 2009, at 4:53 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 7:49 PM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> Over on TraffiicServer, there is rough talk of doing some kind of
>>> meetup/hackathon the week of January 27th 2010, in Silicon Valley.
>>
>> Alternative is the week of January 13th -- would this earlier date
>> change the ability of anyone to attend?
>
> no difference to me

I'd prefer the later time slot.

S.

--
Sander Temme
sctemme@apache.org

Re: httpd meetup/hackathon, January?

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Brian J. France" <br...@brianfrance.com>.
On Dec 8, 2009, at 7:49 PM, Paul Querna wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> Over on TraffiicServer, there is rough talk of doing some kind of
>> meetup/hackathon the week of January 27th 2010, in Silicon Valley.
>
> Alternative is the week of January 13th -- would this earlier date
> change the ability of anyone to attend?
>
> I think we will try to firm up the date by like Thursday so people can
> figure out travel....

I had already booked my trip out to CA before the TS guys pinged me about this and it is for the week of the 11th (13th being that Thursday), so I count me in for that week.

Brian

Re: httpd meetup/hackathon, January?

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Paul Querna wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> Over on TraffiicServer, there is rough talk of doing some kind of
>> meetup/hackathon the week of January 27th 2010, in Silicon Valley.
>
> Alternative is the week of January 13th -- would this earlier date
> change the ability of anyone to attend?
>
> I think we will try to firm up the date by like Thursday so people can
> figure out travel....

Actually, the later the better, here.  Beginning of the new year will
be pretty busy for me.

Re: httpd meetup/hackathon, January?

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
On Dec 7, 2009, at 11:50 AM, Paul Querna wrote:

> I was thinking it might also be a good time to get some httpd'ers
> together and spend a day finishing 2.4, and cross-pollinate ideas with
> the TS developers.

+1 Count me in.

S.

--