Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Spies, Brennan" <Br...@ejgallo.com> on 2008/01/18 01:30:49 UTC

[DBCP] The org.apache.commons.dbcp.managed classes

All,

I've been using the org.apache.commons.dbcp.managed classes for implementing
my own XA-capable datasources, and it has been working pretty well (with some
minor modifications).

There is one small problem with the classes in the existing state: the
BasicManagedDataSource class takes the name of the XADataSource as a string,
then instantiates it using a newInstance() on the class in the
createConnectionFactory() method--without setting any other properties; this
fails in many cases since many XADataSources need properties set before they
can function. In my particular case, I've simply added a setProperty(String
name, Object value) method to BasicManagedDataSource, and I set these on the
newly instantiated XADataSource using BeanUtils.copyProperty(...). Another
solution might be creating a XADataSourceFactory interface with a
createXADataSource() method that would just return a fully-populated
XADataSource. This would be just a standard JavaBean property on
BasicManagedDataSource.

FYI,

Brennan Spies
Sr. Programmer Analyst