Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Bjoern Martin <ma...@fh-karlsruhe.de> on 2001/04/09 09:40:32 UTC

DTD reference and schema validation?

Hi there.

I created an xml document and the schema validating it. It parses
perfectly (using Xerces-J 1.3.1 on WinNT4 SP6, Sun JDK 1.3). Now I
want to include a bunch of other xml files. This is accomplished
via dtd right now (using Xalan-J 2.0.1) and xsl transformation
works fine. But when I parse that file now again containing the
schema AND the dtd, Xerces-J throws this exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.xerces.validators.dtd.DTDGrammar
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:965)
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:993)
 at XercesParser.main(XercesParser.java:87)

Using either the schema OR the dtd works fine, as well as parsing
without validation.
I tried to find information on this, but didn't find any. Maybe I
didn't search hard enough, but perhaps someone can tell me where to
search.
Thanks in advance.

Bye.
--