Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com> on 2004/04/29 16:11:27 UTC

Re: native2ascii -- how to get UTF-8 into a property file for conversion

At 9:06 PM -0700 4/26/04, Michael McGrady wrote:
>    * I want to turn some characters in a word file into unicode in a
>properties file.  I cannot put the characters into the properties
>file prior to converting with the native2ascii tool because all I
>get are ?s. Anyone know how to do this with Chinese?  Thanks for any
>assistance

I'm not sure if I understand.  Doesn't Word have a "save as" option
that lets you save as text with a chosen character encoding?

Hey, does the commons-resources stuff support externally specifying a
character encoding for a properties bundle?  It seems like it would
be better (or at least nice) to do what Michael is trying to do
without having to run through native2ascii.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com

Re: native2ascii -- how to get UTF-8 into a property file for conversion

Posted by Michael McGrady <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com>.
Joe, you understood perfectly, and, dang, Joe, that is easy!  Thanks!  I
agree on the native2ascii.  I am interested if there is anything in
commons-resources.  That would be cool.  Anyone know about that?

Michael