Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Christian Sell <ch...@netcologne.de> on 2003/01/29 18:07:19 UTC

[jelly] bug: executing nested scripts from Ant task

Hello,

I have a jelly script which imports another one. The outer script is
executed from an ANT task through AntTagLibrary. I find that variables
which are defined as ANT properties are not passed into the inner
script, even though inherit=true (default).

The reason is that the JellyContex.getVariable(String) method calls
parent.*findVariable*(String). However, AntJellyContext only overrides
getVariable(String), so it is never called from the inner context.

Should AntJellyContext override *findVariable* also? It seems
questionable to me to have getVariable call findVariable in the first
place. Shouldnt that be getVariable again? And what is the distinction
between the 2 anyway? I would have provided a patch, if there werent so
many questions. James?

- Christian

Re: [jelly] bug: executing nested scripts from Ant task

Posted by Morgan Delagrange <md...@yahoo.com>.
Jelly issues are tracked through JIRA.  It's kind of
hard to find if you are new to Maven-based sites; it's
not directly linked from the main page:

  http://jira.werken.com/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10012

- Morgan

--- Christian Sell <ch...@netcologne.de>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently submitted the report below. Could
> someone, please comment?
> Should I put this into bugzilla (what project - I
> did not find an entry
> for Jelly)?
>
> thanks,
> Christian
>
> Christian Sell wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a jelly script which imports another one.
> The outer script is
> > executed from an ANT task through AntTagLibrary. I
> find that variables
> > which are defined as ANT properties are not passed
> into the inner
> > script, even though inherit=true (default).
> >
> > The reason is that the
> JellyContex.getVariable(String) method calls
> > parent.*findVariable*(String). However,
> AntJellyContext only overrides
> > getVariable(String), so it is never called from
> the inner context.
> >
> > Should AntJellyContext override *findVariable*
> also? It seems
> > questionable to me to have getVariable call
> findVariable in the first
> > place. Shouldnt that be getVariable again? And
> what is the distinction
> > between the 2 anyway? I would have provided a
> patch, if there werent so
> > many questions. James?
> >
> > - Christian

> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org

=====
Morgan Delagrange
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons
http://axion.tigris.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/watchdog

Re: [jelly] bug: executing nested scripts from Ant task

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Raise it as a bug in Jira.

See http://jira.werken.com/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10012
--