Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Sourav Chandra <so...@livestream.com> on 2014/06/24 08:46:14 UTC

Questions regarding different spark pre-built packages

Hi,

I am just curious to know what are the difference between the prebuilt
packages for Hadoop1, 2, CDH etc.

I am using spark standalone cluster and we dont use hadoop at all.

Can we use any one of the pre-buil;t packages OR we have to run
make-distribution.sh script from the code?

Sourav Chandra

Senior Software Engineer

· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

sourav.chandra@livestream.com

o: +91 80 4121 8723

m: +91 988 699 3746

skype: sourav.chandra

Livestream

"Ajmera Summit", First Floor, #3/D, 68 Ward, 3rd Cross, 7th C Main, 3rd
Block, Koramangala Industrial Area,

Bangalore 560034

www.livestream.com

Re: Questions regarding different spark pre-built packages

Posted by Mayur Rustagi <ma...@gmail.com>.
HDFS driver keeps changing & breaking compatibility, hence all the build
versions. If you dont use HDFS/YARN then you can safely ignore it.

Mayur Rustagi
Ph: +1 (760) 203 3257
http://www.sigmoidanalytics.com
@mayur_rustagi <https://twitter.com/mayur_rustagi>