Posted to users@maven.apache.org by James Russo <jr...@halo3.net> on 2009/09/14 16:03:45 UTC

NSIS with maven and exe artifacts.

Hello,

    I have a module where I would like to take the artifacts producted
by a few other modules and combine them into an .EXE using NSIS. I see
that there is a nsis for maven 1.x, but I don't see anything for 2.x?
Anyone done this before care to explain how they accomplished it?

Basically would like to have everything I need for NSIS in this module
(other files, readme,  configuration, etc) and then have it grab
dependencies from other modules include it in NSIS and generate EXE.
Ultimately I'd like to deploy this .exe to archiva.

thanks,

-jr

Re: NSIS with maven and exe artifacts.

Posted by James Russo <jr...@halo3.net>.
Hello,

    What I am not clear on is how one would reference artifacts required
for this module which creates the installer. (it's dependencies?).  For
example, my NSIS script will need a path to  a common.jar and a
client.jar file which are artifacts of other maven modules. These other
maven modules will be specified as dependencies in the pom.xml for my
nsis module. I would think these should come from my local or repository.

thanks,

-jr

Posted by Ken Liu <ke...@gmail.com>.
I was using antrun before but realized that the maven-exec plugin is better
because maven is executing nsis directly instead of via an ant build.xml.

Ken

Posted by James Russo <jr...@halo3.net>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Russo <jr...@halo3.net>.
Hello Julien,

    Thanks for sharing all this. I will review this and try and give it
a try as well.

jr

Posted by James Russo <jr...@halo3.net>.
Perfect! Thanks!

-jr

Posted by Julien Graglia <jg...@netceler.com>.
Le mercredi 16 septembre 2009 à 10:24 -0400, Ken Liu a écrit :
> Julien -
>
> When you did this, did you encounter a problem where test dependencies (e.g.
> Junit) were also copied?

no, I just have to add the "provided" dependencySet to retreive all the
need artifacts.
I'am using mvn 2.2.1 and assembly 2.2-beta-4

> Ken
>
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 2:20 AM, Julien Graglia <jg...@netceler.com>wrote:
>
> > Le lundi 14 septembre 2009 à 16:17 -0400, James Russo a écrit :
> > > Hello Julien,
> > >
> > >     In your ncsetup.nsi, how do you reference the artifacts to be
> > > included with the .exe build?
> > My installer artifact is of type pom and depends of my war. Then I use
> > the assembly plugin to retrieve dependencies and output them in folders.
> > Ex :
> >        <dependencySets>
> >                <!-- copy all deps in the libs subfolder. target only desps
> > markes as
> > "provided" in my war -->
> >                <dependencySet>
> >                        <outputDirectory>libs</outputDirectory>
> >                        <scope>provided</scope>
> >                        <excludes>
> >                                <exclude>xxxxxxx:*</exclude>
> >                        </excludes>
> >                </dependencySet>
> > <!-- copy all std deps in the libs subfolder. target only desps markes
> > as "provided" in my war -->
> >                <dependencySet>
> >                        <outputDirectory>libs</outputDirectory>
> >                        <excludes>
> >                                <exclude>xxxx:*</exclude>
> >                        </excludes>
> >                </dependencySet>
> > <!--retreive all wars -->
> >        <dependencySet>
> >                        <outputDirectory>webapps</outputDirectory>
> >

> > <outputFileNameMapping>${artifact.artifactId}.${artifact.extension}</outputFileNameMapping>
> >                        <scope>runtime</scope>
> >                        <includes>
> >                                <!--
> >
> > http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/advanced-descriptor-topics.html-->
> >                                <include>*:war:*</include>
> >                        </includes>
> >                </dependencySet>
> > Then I just have to tell NSIS to include thats folders and install them
> >
> > Extract of nsis.script in src/main/nsis/
> >    SetOutPath "$INSTDIR\libs"
> >    ; copy all jars retrieved from the assembly plugin
> >    File /r ..\..\..\target\xxx-${VERSION}-base\libs\*
> >    SetOutPath "$INSTDIR\webapps"
> >    File /r ..\..\..\target\xxx-${VERSION}-base\webapps\*
> >
> > et voilà!
> >

> > > thanks,
> > >
> > > -jr

> > phase
> > artifact

> >  --
> > Julien Graglia
> > NetCeler

Julien Graglia
NetCeler
Tel.: +33 4 92 57 12 12        Fax: +33 4 92 57 12 62
www.netceler.com    -    jgraglia@netceler.com

Re: NSIS with maven and exe artifacts.

Posted by Ken Liu <ke...@gmail.com>.
Julien -