Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by rd...@orange.com on 2012/11/29 11:27:35 UTC

register two local LVM storage in cloudstack

Hi all,

We have two different local storage (one is presumably faster) on LVM; and we want to be able to select which one to use through the storage tags.

Unfortunately cloudstack recognize only one of the two automatically, so i tried to configure the second one in cloudstack (Infrastructure > Primary Storage > Add Primary Storage > Protocol: PreSetup, SR Name-Label: UID tagged in the name-label); it seems to work as the newly configured primary storage show the size of the disk.

However selection of this storage through the tags is not working:
  LocalStoragePoolAllocator trying to find storage pool to fit the vm
  Looking for pools in dc: 3  pod:3  cluster:1 having tags:[LVM]
  FirstFitStoragePoolAllocator has 1 pools to check for allocation
  Checking if storage pool is suitable, name: hote02.example.net Local Storage ,poolId: 204
  Is localStorageAllocationNeeded? true
  Is storage pool shared? true
  StoragePool is not of correct type, skipping this pool
  FirstFitStoragePoolAllocator returning 0 suitable storage pools
  LocalStoragePoolAllocator returning 0 suitable storage pools
  Unable to find storage pool to fit the vm

Is the PreSetup storage implicitly shared?
Is there a way to reach my goals?

Thank you in advance,
Romain.

France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.

Re: register two local LVM storage in cloudstack

Posted by Marc Cirauqui <mc...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think yes, PreSetup is shared storage. If you use local storage you will
only get vms running in one node (you won't be able to migrate instances to
other hosts). You may need to create a service offering that uses shared
storage and the desired storage tag.

thx