Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Noven <no...@yahoo.com> on 2011/06/19 11:50:20 UTC

facebook like notification

Hi All..

Newbie need guide , I just registered and this is my first post.

I am facing problem about creating a facebook like notification.
Like if your friend tag someone in your photos, there will be a
notification appeared on your facebook page.

My problem actually, I can't manage the user session/application state.
I have successfully presented my feedback message into jGrowl like here

The real scenario is :
There are 2 role of user in my application, a user and a supervisor.
When the user create something via a form, a notification appeared on
the supervisor page lively.

My question is how I can trigger the notification (which is a
feedback message) appears on the supervisor page. Where I have to put my
code, override some method in wicket application class?

I am sorry if there is a similar question like mine before.

Thanks,
Noven

Re: facebook like notification

Posted by julien roche AKA indiana_jules <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think you need a push approach. I suggest you to use the Atmosphere
framework that enable a push channel between the client and the server with
WebSocket (of HTML5). If Websocket doesn't work, Atmosphere uses the Comet
approach.

See:
http://jfarcand.wordpress.com/2010/10/07/writing-websocket-application-using-apache-wicket/

Hope that helped you

Julien

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Noven <no...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All..
>
> Newbie need guide , I just registered and this is my first post.
>
> I am facing problem about creating a facebook like notification.
> Like if your friend tag someone in your photos, there will be a
> notification appeared on your facebook page.
>
> My problem actually, I can't manage the user session/application state.
> I have successfully presented my feedback message into jGrowl like here
>
> The real scenario is :
> There are 2 role of user in my application, a user and a supervisor.
> When the user create something via a form, a notification appeared on
> the supervisor page lively.
>
> My question is how I can trigger the notification (which is a
> feedback message) appears on the supervisor page. Where I have to put my
> code, override some method in wicket application class?
>
> I am sorry if there is a similar question like mine before.
>
> Thanks,
> Noven

Re: facebook like notification

Posted by no...@yahoo.com.
Thank you Nino for your point me out of this.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Sinyal Bagus XL, Nyambung Teruuusss...!

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
http://wicketstuff.org/wicketdojo13/?wicket:bookmarkablePage=%3Aorg.wicketstuff.dojo.examples.toaster.ToasterSample
http://wicketstuff.org/wicket/ajax/clock

should get you going..

> You could also do a ajax heartbeat and use a javascript toaster
>
> 2011/6/19 Noven <no...@yahoo.com>:
>> Hi All..
>>
>> Newbie need guide , I just registered and this is my first post.
>>
>> I am facing problem about creating a facebook like notification.
>> Like if your friend tag someone in your photos, there will be a
>> notification appeared on your facebook page.
>>
>> My problem actually, I can't manage the user session/application state.
>> I have successfully presented my feedback message into jGrowl like here
>>
>> The real scenario is :
>> There are 2 role of user in my application, a user and a supervisor.
>> When the user create something via a form, a notification appeared on
>> the supervisor page lively.
>>
>> My question is how I can trigger the notification (which is a
>> feedback message) appears on the supervisor page. Where I have to put my
>> code, override some method in wicket application class?
>>
>> I am sorry if there is a similar question like mine before.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Noven

Re: facebook like notification

Posted by no...@yahoo.com.
Hi Nino,

Thank you for you info, do you have example about using ajax heartbeat or javascript toaster?

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.

2011/6/19 Noven <no...@yahoo.com>:
> Hi All..
>
> Newbie need guide , I just registered and this is my first post.
>
> I am facing problem about creating a facebook like notification.
> Like if your friend tag someone in your photos, there will be a
> notification appeared on your facebook page.
>
> My problem actually, I can't manage the user session/application state.
> I have successfully presented my feedback message into jGrowl like here
>
> The real scenario is :
> There are 2 role of user in my application, a user and a supervisor.
> When the user create something via a form, a notification appeared on
> the supervisor page lively.
>
> My question is how I can trigger the notification (which is a
> feedback message) appears on the supervisor page. Where I have to put my
> code, override some method in wicket application class?
>
> I am sorry if there is a similar question like mine before.
>
> Thanks,
> Noven

Re: facebook like notification

Posted by no...@yahoo.com.
Thank you Sebastian. I will check it.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Sinyal Bagus XL, Nyambung Teruuusss...!

You can use the wicketstuff-push component
https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/wiki/Push which can either use a
polling approach or cometd to update clients based on server-side events.

Seb

Posted by Sebastian <no...@gmx.net>.