Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org> on 2011/11/22 17:14:35 UTC

Podling Suitable Name Search for Rat

Been a long road and still some time to go before I reach the end...

Just to let everyone know that I've started to document[1] a replacement
process for the old trademark task. I'm using "rat" as a worked example
to help develop the process[3].

Please feel free to jump in with comments etc but please read[2] first,
and avoid speculation etc in public forums. Please take any discussions
about interpretations to rat-private...

Robert

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-1

Re: Podling Suitable Name Search for Rat

Posted by Hugo Hirsch <as...@hugo-hirsch.de>.
Hi *,

Am 22.11.2011 17:14, schrieb Robert Burrell Donkin:
> Please feel free to jump in with comments etc but please read[2] first,
> and avoid speculation etc in public forums. Please take any discussions
> about interpretations to rat-private...

my proposal may sound stupid; since people got used to the acronym "rat"
- what about "rattar" as a play of letters/palindrome with a technical
focus and connection to the incubating rat.
(Apache RATtar / Apache RATTAR / Apache RaTTaR)

HTH

Hugo