Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <gg...@seagullsw.com> on 2003/09/23 00:20:33 UTC

[vsf] status and basic issue

Hello VSF,

VSF looks quite impressive and an almost match for what I am trying to do so
I thought I'd post here and see what people think.

I have a large pile of code that configures our app server based on the
content of a "config" directory, which itself contains many subdirectories
with many files.

I would like to add the ability to our server to read its configuration not
from just a directory but from a compressed (ZIP) directory that one get
pass around in emails for example.

VSF almost fits the bill. I say almost because VSF never gives you a
java.io.File object, which is what my pile needs.

So, what are my choices?

(1) I port my entire pile to VSF, not an attractive proposition (yet) since
this is a sandbox component.

(2) I add java.io.File support to VSF, this does not seem in the spirit of
the project.

(3) I come up with a bridge type of subclass of java.io.File to
java.util.zip.ZipFile.

(4) Suggestions?

Thanks,
Gary