Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by louis lefevre <lu...@yahoo.fr> on 2003/05/16 14:26:29 UTC

big problem with xlink:href

i have a problem with xlink:href attribute.

The URI is not recognized and my JAVA Frame with JSVGCanvas displays an
error message: What should i do ????

org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeException: null:-1
The URI '' specified on the element <use> is invalid

 at
org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGUseElementBridge.createGraphicsNode(Unknown Source)

 at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildGraphicsNode(Unknown
Source)

 at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildComposite(Unknown Source)

 at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.build(Unknown Source)

 at org.apache.batik.swing.svg.GVTTreeBuilder.run(Unknown Source)

Testez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail

[batik-dev] JSVGCanvas tutorial ?!

Posted by louis lefevre <lu...@yahoo.fr>.
A complete JSVGCanvas tutorial would be very usefull !!!

Someone knows thing like that, or examples,...

ThX.

Testez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail

[batik-dev] URI of a resource

Posted by louis lefevre <lu...@yahoo.fr>.
I want to display an image .GIF with SVG in a JSVGCanvas. But it seems that the system do not find the URI. There is not any error message but instead of the correct image i get a "broken image".!!!

(batik1.5beta5)

Element bg2=doc.createElementNS(svgNS,"image");
  bg2.setAttributeNS(xmlNS, "xlink:href", "paris.gif");

Testez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail

[batik-dev] JSVGCanvas and update of renderring

Posted by louis lefevre <lu...@yahoo.fr>.
is there another method to refresh the rendering of JSVGCanvas than this one : svgCanvas.setSVGDocument(mySVGDoc_i) ;

I think that this method is not appropriate and takes too much time if the renderring has to be refreshed frequently.

What should i do ? Thx.

Testez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail

Re: [batik-dev] JSVGCanvas and update of document

Posted by louis lefevre <lu...@yahoo.fr>.
i have to developp this functionnality in a JSVGCanvas: to drag an object.

So, i change the attribute 'transform' when the mouse moves. then i update the JSVGCanvas:

 element_i.setAttribute("transform",transformString_i);

svgCanvas.setSVGDocument(mySVGDoc_i) ;

the problem is that the result is correct since the element moves, but the screen is updated each time and it blinks when the element moves. I think i do not use the correct method, do i ?

Testez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail

Re: [batik-dev] forever big problem with xlink:href

Posted by Vincent Hardy <vi...@sun.com>.
Hi Louis,

I recommend that you use Batik 1.5beta5 as it is better than 1.1.1, even
for static support.
Vincent.

Re: big problem with xlink:href

Posted by louis lefevre <lu...@yahoo.fr>.
Nope, it does not work, although it was a good idea. the error is displayed this time by the System.out:

java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key uri.badTarget
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(ResourceBundle.java:314)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getString(ResourceBundle.java:274)
        at org.apache.batik.i18n.LocalizableSupport.formatMessage(Unknown Source)

(...)

Uwe Knauer <kn...@informatik.hu-berlin.de> wrote:
I think you should try:

useNode.setAttributeNS("http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink","href","#symbol_of_page");

Posted by Uwe Knauer <kn...@informatik.hu-berlin.de>.
I think you should try:

louis lefevre schrieb:

> i tried :
>
> svgRoot.setAttributeNS(null, "xmlns:xlink",
> http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink");
>
> but it does not work although i use lso:
>
> symbol_offpage.setAttributeNS(null, "id", "symbol_offpage");
>
> and then:
>
> use.setAttributeNS(null,"xlink:href","#symbol_offpage");
>
> the batik version i use is: batik 1.1.1

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Uwe Knauer

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Institut für Informatik
Signalverarbeitung & Mustererkennung
Unter den Linden 6
10099 Berlin

Re: big problem with xlink:href

Posted by Keven Ring <ke...@mitre.org>.
louis lefevre wrote:

> i have a problem with xlink:href attribute.
>
> The URI is not recognized and my JAVA Frame with JSVGCanvas displays an
> error message: What should i do ????
>
> org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeException: null:-1
> The URI '' specified on the element <use> is invalid
>
> at
> org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGUseElementBridge.createGraphicsNode(Unknown
> Source)
>
> at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildGraphicsNode(Unknown
> Source)
>
> at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildComposite(Unknown Source)
>
> at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
>
> at org.apache.batik.swing.svg.GVTTreeBuilder.run(Unknown Source)

Why don't you post your SVG (or at least the portion that is giving you
the problems).  Also, what version of Batik are you using?  There were
several xlink:href patches put in the code in the past couple of months.

Keven Ring                      | They called it Paradise, I don't know why..
Lead Software Systems Engineer  | When you call someplace Paradise
The MITRE Corporation           | Kiss it goodbye....
(703)883-7026                   |           The Eagles, The Last Resort