Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jeff Trent <jt...@structsoft.com> on 2001/11/09 15:55:54 UTC

Queries involving AND don't seem to work properly

Hi, I'm using RC1 and it seems that queries such as

"KeywordThatIKnowIsNotIndexed AND KeywordThatIsIndexed" is queried, the results act as if I specified OR instead of AND and I get all matches to KeywordThatIsIndexed instead of getting no results as I expected to see.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: Queries involving AND don't seem to work properly

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@blackwell.co.uk>.
Perhaps upgrade to rc2?  I don't see this using rc2.
Against an index of books by author,

kkkkkk AND bloch  returns 0 hits, as expected.
kkkkkk OR  bloch  returns lots of hits, as expected.

As suggested before on this list, it might help if you posted a
bit of code to demonstrate the problem.

--
Ian.
ian.lea@blackwell.co.uk