Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by ra...@bellglobal.com on 1997/11/13 17:37:54 UTC

mod_servlet for 1.2.4?

Has anybody fixed up Sun's mod_servlet.c code to work with Apache 1.2
instead of 1.1.3?  It doesn't compile because it uses the old 1.1 style
of reading POST data with the simplitic read_client_block() call instead
of the new get_client_block() procedure.  If nobody has fixed this yet,
I'll do it.  Just trying to save myself a couple of hours.

-Rasmus

Re: mod_servlet for 1.2.4?

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>.
On Thu, 13 Nov 1997 rasmus@bellglobal.com wrote:

> Has anybody fixed up Sun's mod_servlet.c code to work with Apache 1.2
> instead of 1.1.3?  It doesn't compile because it uses the old 1.1 style
> of reading POST data with the simplitic read_client_block() call instead
> of the new get_client_block() procedure.  If nobody has fixed this yet,
> I'll do it.  Just trying to save myself a couple of hours.

See http://java.apache.org for all sorts of information on running Java
servets with Apache, including a replacement for Sun's mod_servlet
(and associated Java classes) that (IMHO) is much better (because I
wrote it, no doubt). Note that the license on mod_servlet.c (not the
rest of the JSDK, just mod_servlet) prohibits any kind of commercial
use. No one knows why this is, not even the people at Sun (who have
been asked).

P.S. On an unrelated topic, I noticed recently that the Stanford
Bookstore here is sponsoring a reception and panel next Wednesday with
Larry Wall and Tim O'Reilly on (what else?) Perl. I'm thinking of
going, but I'd have to miss a few minutes of class as well as some
other things. I know some people here have met these folks; do you
think it would be worth attending?

-- Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>