Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Seif Eddine Jemli <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/12 11:32:16 UTC

xenserver installation

Hi,
while trying to install Xenserver i had this warning:

"The follwing problem(s) were found with your hardware:
Hardware virtualization assist support is not available on this system.
Either is is not present, or is disabled in the system's BIOS
This capability* is required to start Windows virtual machines.*
*You may continue with the installation, thought Xenserver might have
limited functionality until you have addressed these problems.*
*
*
*
*
*What are the limitations that i risk to have if i install Xenserver on
such a system?*
*
*
*Is there a possibility to turn on the virtualization on my system?*
*
*
*
*
*thanks*

RE: xenserver installation

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.
CloudStack will not allow you to add Hosts which do not support Hardware Virtualisation.  The SQL 'hack' I gave you lets you override this default behaviour for test environments, but obviously you should not do this in a production environment.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

Posted by Seif Eddine Jemli <se...@gmail.com>.