Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Navendu Pottekkat <na...@apache.org> on 2023/03/17 07:10:20 UTC

[ALC] Request to establish an ALC in Bangalore, India

Hi,

We would like to start an ALC chapter in Bangalore, India.

This idea started when a couple of ASF Members, PMCs, and Committers
came together and met at Open Source India Summit in September 2022,
where the ASF had a booth.

Since Bangalore is a developer hub in India and a lot of people involved
in ASF projects are active here, an ALC chapter would help provide a
platform for these contributors to build and foster a community.

We have the following initial members:

  * Atri Sharma (atri, ASF Member, Lucene, Solr, HAWQ, MADLib, and
    Incubator PMC, Pinot Committer)
  * Mohammad Asif Siddiqui (asifdxtreme, ASF Member, ServiceComb and
    Incubator PMC, Nuttx Mentor)
  * Sumit Maheshwari (msumit, Airflow PMC)
  * Navendu Pottekkat (navendu, APISIX Committer)
  * Joshua Poddoku (Apache DevLake Contributor)

We look forward to a favorable reply.

- Navendu Pottekkat

Re: [ALC] Request to establish an ALC in Bangalore, India

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@apache.org>.
Hello ALC Bangalore team,

Hope you are doing well, It gives us immense pleasure to update you that
the vote has been passed by ComDev PMC to establish the ALC Bangalore
Chapter and Navendu as the ALC Bangalore Chapter lead.

Here are the placeholder pages created in ComDev space
https://s.apache.org/alc-bangalore
https://s.apache.org/alc-bangalore-events
https://s.apache.org/alc-bangalore-reports
https://s.apache.org/alc-bangalore-team-meeting

I have given edit rights on Confluence for ComDev wiki to the following
members:
Atri Sharma (atri)
Mohammad Asif Siddiqui (asifdxtreme)
Brahma Reddy Battula (brahma)
Sumit Maheshwari (msumit)
Navendu Pottekkat (navendu)

Rest members, please feel free to mail on the dev list to request the edit
rights with your confluence ID.

We have the following roles and responsibilities as ALC Chapter and ALC
Chapter lead: [Online version of this is available at
https://s.apache.org/ALC-Chapter-Lead-RR ]

 1. Make sure the 'ALC Code of Conduct (
https://s.apache.org/alc-code-of-conduct )' is followed by the ALC Chapter.
 2. All the events organized by the ALC Chapter are following the
Guidelines to organize ALC Events ( https://s.apache.org/alc-guidelines ).
 3. The chapter lead will submit the status report (
https://s.apache.org/alc-reports ) to ComDev (dev@community.apache.org )
every *three months* based on their reporting cycle.
 4. The Chapter Lead will be the point of contact for the respective ALC
Chapter.

If you have any queries or questions, please feel free to post them on the
dev list.

Also, here is a link to ALC Resources, It contains the information and
resources (presentations, media, etc.) that will be helpful for ALC
chapters:
https://s.apache.org/alc-resources

All the very best team, and thank you for showing your kind interest in
this initiative.

Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Sharma

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.