Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by freak182 <em...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/17 17:07:05 UTC

Adding hard disk space

Hello,

I might nagging about this issue but i can't still convince our clients on
how easily to add new hard disk space. I already told them that if we used
the DB Persistence manager we can exploit the DB features such as table
partioning and etc..But their problem they have to used an Enterprise DB (in
the case of MS SQL Server because our client already use MS SQL Server but
only the standard edition) to avail these features. Again purchasing is
other issue.

 here is the scenario again:

I configure to tell jackrabbit that is my repository directoey on hasrd disk
1: c:\myrepository, then i use BundleFSPersistenceManager so files are save
in Filesystem. Now my problem if the hard disk 1 is full, I need to add hard
disk 2 of course:

1. How can i configure jackrabbit to write the new files in the new hard
disk 2? if i can save the new files in hard disk2, can jackrabbit still
search on harddisk 1, which contain the previous files?
2. If i use FSPersistenceManage, when backing and restoring is just a matter
of copy the whole directy and restore it in a new directory or hard disk?
3. Which PersistenceManager scales in production or in enterprise solution?
DBPersistence + FileDataStore?  or DBPersistenceManager + FileSystem?

please advice.because we are expecting high density of uploading a file in
the repository.pdf, docs, and etc...

thanks a lot.
cheers.

Re: Adding hard disk space

Posted by freak182 <em...@gmail.com>.
Hello Thomas,

Tnx for the insight. what can you say about question # 1?

thanks a lot.
cheers.

Re: Adding hard disk space

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

Re: Adding hard disk space

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 17:07, freak182 <em...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. How can i configure jackrabbit to write the new files in the new hard
> disk 2? if i can save the new files in hard disk2, can jackrabbit still
> search on harddisk 1, which contain the previous files?

I'd say that isn't a task for jackrabbit, but rather for the OS. e.g.
use LVM [0] or something similar.

regards
 marcel

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_Volume_Manager_(Linux)