Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/20 23:02:18 UTC

SUREFIRE-683 (and friends); surefire-reporting-plugin interacting with jxr-plugin

There is a small cluster of issues filed that can be located by looking
at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-683

Basically there are at least three different plugins that try to find
the answer to this question "will jxr be run in this build" ?

The current solution works for maven2.x, but there seems to be something
missing for 3.x. Since I'm a n00b wrt site, I need your help. There seem
to be at least the following options:

A) Site has/should have some api that will provide this information to
me.
B) Require that there is a specific order to the running of these
plugins, meaning that surefire-report could just check the filesystem to
see if jxr has been there.
C) Surefire-reporting and jxr are both in "reportPlugins" for 3.x so I
suppose it may be possible to grope around in plexus to find jxr.

If someone could just point me in the right direction (or help avoiding
the wrong ones) I'd be really happy ;)

Kristian