Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Craig Christophersen <cr...@synesis7.com> on 2004/07/12 20:49:23 UTC

Clob Problem

I am having problems with clobs data being printed out on the front end. I am using BES 5.2.1 which includes TOMCAT 4.0 as its web container. I am able create a DTO and printout the clob data from the middletier through a session facade test client.  The jar file and the delegate are installed correctly. We did a couple of tests which included text data and clob data - this failed at the findByPrimarykey call

         try {

            int textId = 146;

             TrialclobTextDelegate tctd = new TrialclobTextDelegate();

            TrialclobTextDto tctdto = tctd.trialclobTextFindByPrimaryKey(textId);

            System.out.println("Data = " + tctdto.getData());

            System.out.println("Data2k = " + tctdto.getData2k());

            System.out.println("Data1k = " + tctdto.getData1k());

            System.out.println("Data500 = " + tctdto.getData500());

            System.out.println("Datac = " + tctdto.getDataClob());    // clob data

        } catch (Exception ex) {

            ex.getStackTrace();

            System.out.println("Exception = " + ex.getMessage());

        }

 When the DTO fields are created without the clob the above code works just fine. The size of the Data field is 4K. There seems to perhaps be a persistence problem related only to clobs.

 Any helpful hints would greatly appreciated.

Craig Christophersen
(406)496-6421
craigch@synesis7.com

RE: Clob Problem

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.
Oracle?  If so you have a limit of like 4k if you're using 8i or less.  You
can get it to do more but you have to use oracle driver specific code rather
than just straight JDBC.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson