Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jan Zach <za...@centrum.cz> on 2006/03/19 20:10:17 UTC

programatic jaas authentication

Hi Everybody,

I got working container JAAS authentication (area protected by url set in web.xml), I also know how to authenticate against JAAS. But what I cannot sort out is how to programatically force container to authenticate (from login dialog), i.e., how to get principal to the session/http request. I use JSF.
Any idea?

Thanks a lot

Jan

Re: programatic jaas authentication

Posted by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com>.
I have the same problem to solve. I am using JSF also. In any page I allow user to type in username and password, after login, stay in the same page.

  Can anyone point a tutorial/doc ? Thanks!