Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de> on 2000/05/31 15:21:45 UTC

CVS task which can do more than just checkout?

Hi,

I seem to remember that somebody has posted an enhanced CVS task a few
weeks ago. Unfortunately I didn't save it.

I want the task to be able to update/checkin/commit/tag - things I do
much more often than checkout - as well, but wouldn't want to
duplicate what has already been done.

Could some kind soul please repost it so that it can get commited?

Stefan

RE: CVS task which can do more than just checkout?

Posted by Vitaly Stulsky <vi...@yahoo.com>.
Wolfgang Werner posted this 18/04/2000.

This is part of his letter which touch on CVS task.
-----
1. CVS Task

But, I thing the cvs task could easily be improved to handle
- commit
- update
- the flags -n and -q
- gives a default blank string for package.

With this, one could write :

  <target name="update">
    <cvs cvsRoot="<connection string ommited>" command="update" dest="." />
  </target>

  <target name="commit">
    <cvs cvsRoot="<connection string ommited>" command="commit" dest="." />
  </target>

  <target name="status">
    <cvs cvsRoot="<connection string ommited>" command="update" noexec="on"
quiet="on" dest="." />
  </target>

what's what I need.

Attached is a modified Cvs.java file, comments, sorry, no cvs to apache at this
site, so no cvs diff -u file.

However, I desperately looking forward for the junit task, to force people 'not
to commit without test and compile'...