Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2001/08/27 18:40:54 UTC

r->assbackwards

Folks,

  I have a two simple questions.  One; does assbackwards simply refer to HTTP/0.9?

  Two; why are we trying to support HTTP/0.9 in the year 2001?  How many pre HTTP/1.0
clients are out there to support?

  I know the proxy team would like to remove some XXX deal with r->assbackwards comments
in their code :)

Bill

Re: r->assbackwards

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> writes:

>   Two; why are we trying to support HTTP/0.9 in the year 2001?  How many pre HTTP/1.0
> clients are out there to support?

telnet :)

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: r->assbackwards

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>.
On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Folks,
>
>   I have a two simple questions.  One; does assbackwards simply refer to HTTP/0.9?

yes.

>   Two; why are we trying to support HTTP/0.9 in the year 2001?  How many pre HTTP/1.0
> clients are out there to support?

because we can?

there aren't many, but people probably have lots of random custom code
that uses 0.9 requests to just grab something from a server.