Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> on 2004/08/11 22:11:33 UTC

How to populate a property files with information from the POM?

I would like to populate a properties file with information from the
POM. What is the best way to accomplish this objective?

As an example I would like Maven to create a and populate
${maven.build.dest}version.properties.  This file would contain:
   application.name=MyApplication
   application.version=1.0

Paul Spencer

Re: How to populate a property files with information from the POM?

Posted by Eric Giguere <er...@videotron.ca>.
Hi Paul

Check out the Ant task called PropertyFile. Its an optionnal task.
With this one, you can create new property files or modify existing ones.

So with a clever mix of jelly code, the pom object and this tag you
should be able to do it.

Hope it helps.

Eric.