Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Guillaume Rosauro <g....@gmail.com> on 2007/08/17 14:57:43 UTC

EPSTranscoder > Rotate

Hi,

I have got a strange problem while rasterizing in EPS format : Image needs a
rotation and a mirror transformations after processing.
This does not happen with jpeg and png rasterizers.

Any idea ?

Thanks

GR.

Re: EPSTranscoder > Rotate

Posted by Guillaume Rosauro <g....@gmail.com>.
On 8/21/07, thomas.deweese@kodak.com <th...@kodak.com> wrote:

> Hi Guillaume,
>
> "Guillaume Rosauro" <g....@gmail.com> wrote on 08/17/2007 08:57:43 AM:
>
> > I have got a strange problem while rasterizing in EPS format : Image
> > needs a rotation and a mirror transformations after processing.
> > This does not happen with jpeg and png rasterizers.
>
>    As far as I know Batik doesn't provide an EPS rasterizer.
> Are you using some "3rd party" tool or custom code?

Well maybe I should say Transcoder instead of Rasterizer.
I do not use any 3rd party tool. I use only libs coming from batik 1.7b

This is my code.
*********************************
EPSTranscoder epstranscoder = new EPSTranscoder();
if (resolution != null){
   float myvalue = ((2.54f/resolution)*10);
   epstranscoder.addTranscodingHint(
EPSTranscoder.KEY_PIXEL_UNIT_TO_MILLIMETER, myvalue);
}
epstranscoder.transcode(svgInput, imageOutput);
//ko : eps image needs additional transformations
*********************************

I hage got something similar with PNG
*********************************
PNGTranscoder pngTranscoder = new PNGTranscoder();
if (resolution != null){
     float myvalue = ((2.54f/resolution)*10);
     pngTranscoder.addTranscodingHint(
PNGTranscoder.KEY_PIXEL_UNIT_TO_MILLIMETER, myvalue);
     pngTranscoder.addTranscodingHint(
PNGTranscoder.KEY_FORCE_TRANSPARENT_WHITE, transparent);
}
pngTranscoder.transcode(svgInput, imageOutput);
//ok works fine

Maybe I forgot someting in the transcoding hints of the EPSTranscoder ?

   Given that PNG and JPEG work I would guess that the problem
> is in what ever the EPS part is.

Re: EPSTranscoder > Rotate

Posted by th...@kodak.com.