Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Dan Murphy <dm...@googlemail.com> on 2007/02/23 13:02:57 UTC

[SDO CTS] M1 Release Plan

Hi,

The SDO Community Test Suite has amassed a good number of test cases since
we started only a couple of months ago. In view of this, it seems we should
think about a milestone 1 release. There are a couple of areas we could
improve on so I'd appreciate comments and additional views/insights from the
community.

There are a couple of pages in the wiki (
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Index) about the SDO CTS,
we could do with adding more pages - but I don't think this should gate an
M1 release.

I was wondering if we should have a number of main suites in the cts/sdo2.1
project. Currently we have the CTSGeneralSuite which includes the
DateConversionTest XSDSerialisationTest DataObjectTest and
DynamicTypesFromSchemaTestCase test cases classes. This is a subset of the
test cases in the cts/sdo2.1 project. I guess there are a couple options.

   1. Use a similar approach to the cts/sdo2.1-tuscany project and have
   "Core", "Optional" and "UnderReview" suites
   2. Group test cases into areas according to the part of the
   specification they cover.

Whilst 2 seems like it could be interesting, I tend to prefer the first
approach as I have a feeling that we may just end up with as many suites as
test case classes . Alternatively we could just leave the decision to those
using the CTS, although this may make it harder for a user (as opposed to an
SDO implementer) to run and understand the tests - WDYT ?

Comments greatly appreciated - what do you think needs to happen before we
cut a M1 release ?

Many thanks to Robbie and friends for their contributions to date.
All the best,
Dan

[SDO CTS] M1 Release Plan

RE: [SDO CTS] M1 Release Plan

Posted by Andy Grove <gr...@roguewave.com>.
I would prefer the first option of having "Core", "Optional" and
"UnderReview" test suites.

Thanks,

Andy.